Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recovering at Home



A few days ago my mom took me to this strange place where she dropped me off really early in the morning. I was then surrounded by a bunch of strange people with masks while I laid on steel table. Then everything went black.......... then I woke up in a cage with a funny funnel on my face next to something barking and another cat. I felt very sleepy and wondering where my mom was.



Hours later still in my cage my mom showed up on the otherside of the bars. She kept asking me how I was doing and how the surgery was and she looked near tears. Finally she took me out of the cage and held me. She started talking to one of the strange people with the masks about me and I could tell she was a little upset. She put me back down and said she would be back the next day.


After a quiet night in the cage a nice person came to the cage and picked me up. Next thing I knew I saw my mom through the carrier waiting to pick me up. I finally had that uncomfortable funnel off so I thought I was home free on that front. When we got done with the grueling car ride we were finally home. Right when we walked through the door I barely had a moment to breath and my mom put the funnel back on me with my aunt holding me down. Though at first I didn't like the funnel now we have a special bond and I kind of like it. Here are two pictures of me with the funnel on.

Right now I am feeling pretty sleepy. I spend most of my days sleeping and I don't even wake my mom up at 7 am anymore I sleep just as long as she does so I can tell she is happy about that. Well it is about time for me to take another cat nap!


5 comments:

  1. Darcy, you look so pitiful in that horrible cone! The people with masks sound scary, but it's good you are sleepy. Now get your mom to wait on you hand and foot as she should, after all you are a princess. MeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Darcy. The cone won't last forerver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Darcy that sounds worse than my spay. Your Grandma mentioned that you were going. When I went in I screamed all the way there and then after Mom picked me up I didn't have to wear a cone but I did get some painkillers. I thought about selling my painkillers online since I didn't use them. I was jumping all over the place like normal within a few hours of being home. Mom was jumping too but I think it was because she saw the bill. HAHA Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.Darcy ~ you will do well. No infections everything going great and you get much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grandma mentioned you on her blog and so I rushed over to meet you. I sure hope that cone of shame has come off by now and you are back to your regular kitteh funballs self.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete